Wednesday, January 7, 2009

01/52


01/52, originally uploaded by andreal_c.

A couple ladies from my fave photography group on Cafemom started a project called 52/52 on Flickr. Similar to the 365 project (a photo a day for a year), you take a photo a week for a year. The goal is to take a self portriat of your child and you. So this was my first week! I wasn't planning on doing it today, but I was already attempting to do Carolina's 2 year photos at the park, and this moment was just right. Rendon was my tripod, haha, meaning I set all the settings, set the focal point, and had him push the button! I love the pic, just wished I had been more prepared (you know, hair, makeup, clothes that didn't require editing bright yellow Appalachian graphics out.....). I'm really excited about the project. I'm always the one behind the camera. There are so few photos of Carolina and me, it'll be nice to have some of us to put up in the house. Also, I think it will be something really special that we can look back on when she's older!

I'm considering doing her and Rendon as well, but I'll have to discuss that with him first, he's not big on posing for photographs....

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I'll be doing this too, a portrait of Tehya a week, love your pic, great job!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture -- wouldn't change a thing. My new camera should be here today or tomorrow, and yours will be on the way.