Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1 toddler + 1 pen =

random story first....I was about to type this post while watching 'Mystery Diagnosis' on DHC (I'll admit, I'm addicted to any and all medical shows, as well as forensics/true crime shows). So there's this 20 mo. they're doing a story on, and the mother is talking about how all of a sudden her daughter started to demand food on an unnatural level. This little girl used the word "Num num" as "food"!! The EXACT same word Carolina uses! I just think that's so amazing that another child uses the same word, when we have no idea where "num num" came from. She's been saying that since November! Even now, she can say 'food', and does when we go to feed the fish, but still refers to her meals as num num. Anyway, just found that interesting....


Now on to the real point of this post....to show what 1 toddler + 1 pen =

The "What? There's nothing on my legs" look....

(it's hard to see, but there's also pen marks on her cheeks)

Haley and I spent a couple hours in Carolina's room Friday, going though all her clothes to designate which to keep and which to give away and/or sell. And I believe it's safe to say the child has more clothes than I ever imagined!! So while we were busy doing that, Carolina and Tanner had a less than normal amount of supervision...Before we knew it, Carolina found a pen, sat herself down and proceded to decorate herself. All this while Haley and I are 6 ft away with our backs turned.....

5 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh no, I know too much about toddlers and pens, lol. Or walls, toddlers, and crayons!! Every time Tehya draws on herself she points to the marks and says, "boo boo".

Oh I like the same types of shows too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!!

Wendy said...

Oh wow! That has to happen in everyone's house at least once :) We started using safety scissors a couple weeks ago, and now I have to make sure I put those away. I can only imagine what she would do if she got a hold of those!!

Anonymous said...

haha! Cute! Savannah is currently covered in marker stamps. Although, they are for peeing on the potty. :)

lacyboo said...

my son took the pen to my deceptively delicious cookbook...lol:) after he saw us using q-tips in our ears he found a highlighter in my mom's office and drew inside his ears and on his face and belly. no, it didnt wash off but thankfully it was yellow and kind of faded lol