Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Last night Rendon brought home a pumpkin from work, saying "I have to carve this for a contest at work". I have to admit, I was excited! I haven't carved many pumpkins (maybe 2?), it just wasn't something we did when I was younger...So we brainstormed, trying to think of something really cool to do, but easy. We didn't have any of the necessary tools or fun patterns. We hadn't bought any pumpkins to do ourselves, I had just been too busy with Carolina's costume, her halloween party, a last minute ladybug tutu order, and work. Carolina stayed with Haley Wednesday afternoon for a hour or so, and they were doing their pumpkins and from what they said, she couldn't have been less interested. So overall I wasn't too bothered by not doing one. But still excited about this contest at Rendon's work. Afterall, it's a competition, and I'm all for winning something (turns out it's a Starbucks card, I'm more a Caribou Coffee girl, and Rendon is trying to like coffee, but it'll do!). Rendon absolutely loves The Nightmare Before Christmas, so we did the easiest character--Oogie Boogie. Sally and Jack are just too skinny for our novice carving skills! I drew him on, Rendon did the main carving, and I did the fine tuning. So here he is!

005 Oogie Boogie Pumpkin

Couple videos. Carolina was cracking me up yesterday at lunch. Saying "mmmmm mmm" like the sandwich was the best darn thing she'd ever eaten. It was just turkey and provolone, so easy to please! Excuse the shirtless-ness, she was having an ice pop afterwards, and that's just a shirt ruining activity no matter how hard you try for it not to be...


If you've been to SeaWorld, then you know what she's doing with her hand here. If not; At the Shamu show they have you put your hands together and move them up and down saying 'Shamu Shamu', to have a whale come to your side of the arena and splash his tail, soaking the 'Splash Zone'. We have season passes, and we just went Sunday night, so Carolina knows who Shamu is. Usually if you ask her about shamu, she says "OH NO!!! Shamu!", or if she sees a poster (which are everywhere in San Antonio)


1 comment:

Stacey said...

That's a really cool pumpkin pic and the videos are too cute. Tehya does the "mmm mmm" if she has something she likes. I love little girl voices, soo cute and sweet. :)