Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sweet Smiles

I finally discovered the trick to capturing that illusive smile Carolina is so good at hiding when I have the camera out. Put her in a bath tub, with lots of bubbles, and make Rendon jump out from behind the wall and do crazy stuff. And she smiles!






061

071


Rendon is on the Baseball Varsity League team this year. Previous years, he's just coached his squadron softball team, but finally decided to go for the base team. He had his first game Monday, although it was just a scrimmage. Not knowing him in highschool, I've never seen him pitch, so it was an exciting first for us. Although I was worried, because even with softball, his shoulder would hurt him after games. It has given him a little grief since he's started back pitching, but according to him, it's a normal amount of pain....not due to previous injuries. There were a few guys that pitched before him, based on seniority mostly, but I was very proud of him for not letting that get to him. He hadn't thrown to a batter in practice yet, just thrown bullpens. So he went up for his turn in the 5th inning and did ok, only allowed 1 hit and 2 walks. Pretty good for someone who hasn't been on a mound in years! (I think so anyway, Rendon might say differently, he was a littler harder on himself) In the 6th inning, he struck 2 out, and the 3rd guy up to bat was out at first! He was the only pitcher to strike anyone out! As he returned to the dugout the coach gave him a pat on the back and said "Why didn't I put YOU in earlier?!?". I'm so happy for him to be back playing the game he loves! Hopefully it'll be a fun and successful season. Carolina really enjoyed watching the game, although we had our close call with a foul ball already. I know now not to try and find the ball in the air, just duck and cover both of us!

By the time Rendon got up to pitch it was fairly dark so the pictures aren't too clear. But his next game is Sunday, so stay tuned.

Carolina enjoying some apple and baseball!
baseball 001

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I make Neil jump up and down behind me too when taking photos. It never fails to make Savannah smile. Her personal favorite is when he pretend licks my head. haha

Anonymous said...

Very sweet smile! I gotta try those daddy smile tricks.

Michelle said...

extra cherries?? Genius!!

Erin said...

Gorgeous pictures, I love them!!! She's gorgeous